Number of Words : 1068
This paper answers the below questions ased on the critique of the article -
Dietary Carbohydrate Intake, Glycemic Index, and Glycemic Load and Endometrial Cancer Risk: A Prospective Cohort Study
1. What is the hypothesis (research question) of this study (there may be >1). Is the hypothesis too specific or too general?
2. What is the study design and does it seem appropriate given the research hypothesis? 3. Specify the outcome of interest. How was it ascertained?
4. Who is the study population? What are some of the characteristics of this population that may be important given the exposure and outcome of interest?
5. How were participants selected? Is there potential for selection bias? 6. What exclusion criteria were applied for this analysis?
7. How were the dietary data collected (what instrument and method, when, by whom)? Is there potential for bias in the collection of the diet data?
8. What methods were used to assess implausible dietary data? What, if any, methods were used to assure quality of the dietary data?
9. Was the dietary data energy-adjusted and if so, by what method?
10. How was the dietary data structured for analysis (continuous, categories, with/without dietary supplements)? Did you agree with the way the authors conducted their dietary analyses?
11. Is there potential for misclassification of the exposure and if so explain. In which direction would this bias affect the measure of association?
12. What is the sample size? Is the statistical power of the study identified – if so explain? 13. What confounders were adjusted for? Could there still be residual confounding – how?
14. Were effect modifiers considered? Were results presented for subgroups and if so how were subgroup analyses justified?
15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21.
What are the major findings of the research (in a couple of sentences)? Are the results internally coherent – why/why not?
Are the results biologically plausible – why/why not? What are the strengths and limitations of the research?
Are the results generalizable and if so to whom?
Are the interpretations and conclusions conservative – why/why not? Do the authors suggest avenues for future research - what?
22. Does this study add to the existing scientific literature in a meaningful way - explain?
Price Full Assignment : 60 USD (Ready assignment, instant delivery)
Price Custom Assignment : 120 USD (Assignment Uniquely made for you with Plagiarism Report, Delivery within 72 hours)
AKey : HM-19560