Number of Words : 5053
Number of References : 25
This report is based on the following requirement -
1. You are required to select any 4 firms within the following sectors:
Choose your companies from these sectors [One sector only]
3. Hospitality and leisure;
2. Build a spread sheet of financial information spanning over a 5-year period. The financial information should include the following:
Financial information to be extracted
1. Profitability Ratios ;
2. Gearing Ratios;
3. Stock Data (share price information).
The key source of financial information could be Annual Reports; FAME (Financial Analysis Made Easy); Morning Star; Yahoo Finance; Bloomberg; Osiris and other recognised financial databases.
1. Critically examine the performance of these companies within the
five-year period (use the profitability ratios).
2. Examine the relationship between capital structure and profitability
based on data from your spread sheet.
3. Estimate the betas (measure of sensitivity of the asset to the market
return) and their respective returns using statistical methods on a
yearly basis. Plot the returns against the betas and comment on the
relationship between them. [Use the stock data]
4. Identify any event in one of your chosen firms and examine whether
the event had an impact on the value of shareholders. [You may use
an event analysis].
his report is to critically examine the financial performance of Chevron Corp, Exxon Mobil Corporation, BP Plc and Royal Dutch Shell Plc in the energy sector over the last five-year period (2008-2012). Various financial statement ratios including profitability ratios such as EBITDA margin, return on equity and return on assets are analyzed to evaluate the performance of the company over the last five years. The report also analyzes the relationship between capital structure and profitability of these companies. Furthermore, to measure the sensitivity of these four companies stock to the market return, the working of beta calculation of each stock is also explained. One section of the report also analysis the impact on shareholder’s value due to explosion and fire, which occurred on BP Plc’s semi-submersible rig Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010. <br />
Price Full Assignment : 180 USD (Ready assignment, instant delivery)
Price Custom Assignment : 360 USD (Assignment Uniquely made for you with Plagiarism Report, Delivery within 72 hours)
Price References : 20 USD (Only References, Instant Delivery)
AKey : F-18611